Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Rubberbands Rubberbands Rubberbands

What is my deal with these rubber bands? The first 2 days with them were kind of torturous! My teeth and jaw were so damn sore. I even had a bad dream that I couldn't open my mouth! Yikes! After the first days, the pain definitely subsided and it became more of a slight discomfort than pain. Now it's really not a big deal at all, BUT I woke up again this morning to find that I didn't have the rubber bands in my mouth! What the heck?? I KNOW I put them in my mouth before bed and I have NO recollection of taking them out at all! So where were they? Like deja vu, I checked my nightstand and lo and behold there were two little rubber bands placed nicely next to each other . . . AGAIN. I must be taking them out in my sleep. what other explanation is there? Ahh! now I need to figure out how to stop this bad habit. But how do I do that when I don't even remember taking them out in the first place? Eek! I wonder if doubling up on the rubber bands might help to make up for the time I haven't worn them (sleeping hours). I met someone recently who told me that she used to double her bands up to make it more effective. I wonder if that actually works? Hmmm . . .

3 comments:

  1. Headgear??good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, braces nightmares. Pain and discomfort do linger quite horribly in the first few weeks. If it took longer, then maybe your elastics are too heavy for you. You should tell your dentist if so. But you’re probably over that stage now. --.Landon Heath

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like braces. So when I have gaps in teeth, I immediately tried Orthofill. I never regret using it.
    #Orthofill #howtofixteethgap

    ReplyDelete